Eclipse Replacement Urosensor
The DRI Sleeper® eclipse Urosensor™ is a world-leading innovation incorporating a sensor and transmitter in one unit. There are NO wires because the Urosensor™ transmits directly to the alarm avoiding the need for a separate transmitter which the sensor has to be plugged into. This means added comfort for your child because there is no bulky transmitter attached to their undergarments and no fiddly clips or domes that can break or damage.
The patented, moulded plastic Urosensor™ is easy to clean and dry for instant re-use and it goes right inside the underpants to instantly detect the first drops of urine. There are no metal contacts and the Urosensor™ will not corrode or deteriorate in urine.
The DRI Sleeper® eclipse Urosensor™ measures 53 x 25 x 10mm (2.1 x 1.0 x 0.4 inches), long enough and wide enough for the first drops of urine to trigger the alarm every time, and it weighs only 11 grams.
The Urosensor™ is a consumable item because the battery cannot be replaced due to the unit being permanently sealed to prevent moisture entering the electronics. However, the long life battery together with special battery saving technology means that the Urosensor™ will not need to be replaced during a normal treatment period. It will last at least a year used every night, provided the alarm is turned off when it is not in use. (The reason most other wireless alarms have a separate transmitter is because the sensors cannot be sealed due to inadequate battery life. The battery in many wireless alarms has to be changed regularly, often at monthly intervals).
Safety wireless electronics
The DRI Sleeper® eclipse uses a 3V battery so it consumes only a tiny current. With just a few micro amps passing through the Urosensor™ for less than a second you can put the Urosensor™ on your tongue and trigger the alarm but you will feel nothing. Once it senses moisture the DRI Sleeper® eclipse Urosensor™ sends two low frequency transmissions of 1.4 seconds with a break of 0.3 seconds between them. It is safe because it is not the very high frequency of radio waves (microwave) that can cause damage through the heating of tissue, plus the transmission is very brief and not continuous.